TRAINING CENTER

No Gym, No Problems

The gym is one of the main places we associate with getting fit. However, while going to the gym is great, it is also possible to achieve our fitness goals outside of a gym environment and in the comfort of your own home. Not being at the gym may seem...

Read More
The Best Pumpkin Recipes

Don't let those tasty pumpkins go to waste! Our chefs have pulled together a list of some of their favourite pumpkin dishes, from pizzas to pies. So before you start your pumpkin carving, take a moment to think about what you can make from these delicious ingredients! Pumpkin Muffins Serves 12. 173 kcal per portion. Ingredients 60g Butter 180g Self-raising...

Top 13 SPOOKIEST Halloween Party Recipes

Planning for your Halloween party? Then you need to take a look at our thirteen spookiest, creepiest and gloopiest party recipes! Sausage Mummies 243 kcals per portion / 6 portions Ingredients 6 sausages 100g puff pastry 1 tsp Honey 12 edible eyes Method 1. Preheat the oven to 170c. 2. Cut the pre-rolled Puff Pastry into 1 cm strips. 3....

Top 10 On-The-Go Snacks

Looking for some nutritious snacks to keep you going when out and about? Take a look at our list of ten of the best snacks that can help you hold hunger at bay while still managing your nutrition. 10. Lemon and Ginger Flapjacks Ingredients 260g Rolled Oats,  50g Desiccated Coconut,  100g Dried Figs,  320g Bananas,  10g Grated Root Ginger,  80g...

Top 10 Nutritious School Lunchbox Recipe Ideas

Got to make lots of school lunches but don't want to pack the same old things into the lunchbox every day? Our top ten list of the best, most nutritious lunchbox recipes is bursting with ideas and the kind of meals and snacks every schoolchild loves. 10. Chicken and Tomato Pasta Bowl Ingredients 120g Chicken Breast,  75g Raw Wholewheat Spaghetti, ...

Vitamin C

Function of Vitamin C    Also known as L-ascorbic acid, Vitamin C is water soluble vitamin and an essential component in the diet of humans as we cannot make Vitamin C. Vitamin C has many functions including facilitating protein metabolism, the regeneration of antioxidants and wound healing. Vitamin C is more commonly known for its role in immune function. As...

The Cost of Convenience

It is no secret that we are busier than ever before. Managing families, friends, careers and a social life can all feel like full time jobs and unfortunately it is often our wellbeing that is sacrificed. We are quick to jump to the aid of people who need us but it is not selfish to take some time to be organised...

Simple Swaps: Sugar

We are spoilt for choice. There has never been so much variety in our supermarkets. However, if you are planning on making a change to your diet, knowing what products to buy can be overwhelming. This article will focus on sugar; I will highlight how much sugar is in everyday products and offer lower sugar alternatives.  Added sugar has received...

Calcium

Function    Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body; 99% of the body’s calcium is stored in the bones and teeth to support their structure. The other 1% is serum calcium (present in the plasma of the blood) which is used to regulate vascular (heart) contraction, nerve transmission, muscle function and hormonal secretion. Serum calcium is tightly...